Data protection declaration of EXMAR (SERTO Group)
Thank you for your interest in our online presence. The protection of your personal data is very important to us. The data is collected in compliance with the applicable data protection regulations, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). At this point we would therefore like to inform you about data protection in our company:
Which information do we collect from you?
- Personal data for a good customer relationship with you
The object of data protection is personal data that enable a certain person to be identified. This includes, for example, information such as name, address and other postal addresses, e-mail addresses used for private and business purposes, telephone numbers and other contact information. You provide us with this data upon request in order to be able to use a specific service. We collect and store this information and use it as the basis for a good customer relationship with you.
- Automatic information to make our website highly attractive
Once you contact us online and your web browser opens our website, we will receive and store certain information. We use so-called cookies and other logging methods to collect information such as the names of Internet domains and Internet hosts, IP addresses, the type of browser software and operating system used, and other access information on our website. These anonymous, non-personal data are used for trend analysis and statistics.
Where do we collect information from you?
- Online Shop
With our Online Shop we offer you the possibility to process your requests and orders online easily and without complications. We need your personal data to ensure the processing of your request/order.
- CAD Library
In order to download data from our CAD library, you will be asked to provide personal information. We need these for a flawless service and the provision of CAD data in the correct format for you.
- Newsletter – Cleverreach
The addresses for sending our newsletter come from our customer file. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, please activate the corresponding unsubscribe link.
The mail handling service may use the recipient’s data in pseudonymised form, i.e. without attributing them to any particular user, for the purpose of optimising or improving its own services, e.g. for the technical optimisation of the dispatch and presentation of the newsletter or for statistical purposes. However, the mail handling service shall not use the data of recipients of our newsletter in order to solicit them itself or pass on the data to any third party.
- Making contact / contact form
You have the opportunity to contact the SERTO Group via the contact options provided on our website and to submit a request.
If you send us an enquiry via the contact form or email, the data you enter into the enquiry form/email, including the contact details you provide, will be stored by us so that the enquiry can be processed and any follow-up questions dealt with. We shall not share these data without your consent.
- Online application
In the context of online applications, we collect personal data about you. This information, which you voluntarily provide us with, will only be used by the respective personnel managers of the SERTO Group and exclusively in the context of the application process and for the purpose of processing your application. If your application is unsuccessful, this data will be deleted 6 months after completion of the application process. This does not apply only insofar as you have expressly agreed to a longer storage, this is necessary for the purpose of proof or if legal provisions oppose the deletion. We collect, process and use the data required for your application only with your express consent.
- Google Analytics
Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus offers a guarantee that it will abide by European data protection law.
Google uses this information on our behalf to analyse use of our website by users, to compile reports on activities within this website and to provide other services to us related to the use of this website and the Internet. As part of this process, pseudonymous usage profiles of users may be generated using the data processed.
We only use Google Analytics with IP anonymisation activated. This means that users’ IP addresses are first truncated by Google within the Member States of the European Union or in other states that are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
The IP address transmitted by the user’s browser is not merged with other data by Google. Users can prevent the storage of cookies via the relevant setting on their browser software; users can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie about your use of the website to Google as well as the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Personal data of users will be deleted or anonymised after 14 months.
- Google Maps
This website uses SSL encryption for reasons of security and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as the enquiries that you send to us as the site operator. You can identify an encrypted connection from the padlock symbol in your browser bar and the fact that the ‘http://’ in the address bar changes to ‘https://’.
If SSL encryption is enabled, the data you send to us cannot be read by third parties.
- Collection of access data and log files
On the basis of our legitimate interests within the meaning of Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, we, or our hosting provider, collect data each time the server on which this service is located is accessed (so-called server log files). The access data include the name of the website visited, the file, date and time of the visit, volume of data transferred, notification of successful data retrieval, the browser type and version, the user’s operating system, the referrer URL (the website visited before), the IP address and the requesting provider.
For security reasons (e.g. to investigate misuse or fraud), log file information is stored for a maximum of 7 days and then deleted. Data that must be stored for longer as evidence are exempt from deletion until the relevant incident has been conclusively resolved.
- All passwords are stored encrypted and we have no access to them.
- Please note that you are responsible for protecting your password.
Which data protection principles do we have?
- Primarily we use your personal information to answer your inquiries and to process your orders.
- To protect your personal information, we use reliable procedures and protect them with particular care. They are encrypted by digital security systems and transmitted to us. Our websites are protected by technical measures against damage, destruction or unauthorized access.
- Under certain circumstances, we use your personal information for sales promotion measures within the SERTO Group and at responsible sales organizations (representatives). We will not pass on your personal data to third parties without your consent. We reserve the right to disclose your data, e.g. in case of legal inquiries or to protect our property.
- The use of contact data published in the context of the legal notices obligation by third parties for sending unsolicited advertising and information materials is hereby expressly excluded. The operators of the site reserve the right to take legal action in the event that unsolicited advertising material, such as spam e-mail, is received.
What are your rights (right of information and right of withdrawal)?
- Upon request, you will receive information free of charge as to whether personal data about you has been processed and, if applicable, which personal data about you has been stored.
- Unless your request conflicts with a legal obligation to store data (e.g. data retention), you have the right to have incorrect data corrected and your personal data deleted (for the future).
- You can object to the processing of your data at any time. We will no longer process your personal data in the event of an objection, unless we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or if the processing of the data serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have the right to revoke your consent to a data processing at any time without giving reasons for the future.
- If you wish to revoke your consent under data protection law, request information about the personal data stored about you or wish to exercise your right to correct or delete this data, please contact SERTO AG in writing at the address SERTO AG, Langfeldstrasse 117, CH-8500 Frauenfeld or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are personal data of minors under the age of 16 processed?
Who is the responsibly party for the processing?
The person responsible within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation, other data protection laws in force in the member states of the European Union and other provisions regarding data protection is:
Phone: +41 52 368 11 11
Changes to this Data Protection Declaration
As a provider, we are responsible for the content published by us in accordance with the general legal provisions. The contents of our websites are created and updated to the best of our knowledge and belief. We do not guarantee that the information provided is complete, correct and always up-to-date. This also applies to all links to which this website refers directly or indirectly. We are not responsible for the content of an external site reached by such a link.
We reserve the right to make changes or additions to the information provided, without prior notice.